Weddings – Facts about getting Married in Barbados
Imagine a place created to inspire romance and ‘a match-made-in-paradise’; a place where every detail has been considered, every moment measured and every experience uniquely envisioned. Now imagine this place as the canvas on which to design your dream wedding. Anything is possible when you host your big day in Barbados.
Requirements should you wish to get married in Barbados are:
- Take note that there is no required waiting period or minimum length of stay to be married on our island.
- The marriage application must be made by both parties – in person at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs, St Michael.
- Fees: if neither party is a citizen or resident of Barbados – BDS $200.00 cash and a BDS $25.00 stamp.
- Valid passports or original, certified copies of birth certificates,
- If either party is divorced, original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the Final Judgement.
- If widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
- Where necessary, all documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Consent of both parents is required for individuals aged 16 – 18
The Registrar’s Office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Barbados. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Ministry of Home Affairs
The contact information is 1-246-535-7260.